The Illinois City / County Management Association (ILCMA) was founded in 1953 for the purpose of supporting and improving municipal and county management, and strengthening local government in Illinois.
Types of Membership
The ILCMA has four membership categories designed to provide membership opportunities for all those working for local government in Illinois:
- Corporate Members – City, village, and county administrators; assistant managers and administrative assistants; directors of councils of government and regional organizations; and others that assist the chief administrative officer including department heads; see membership application for calculation of membership fee
- Cooperating Members – Employees of local governments and others interested in the field of municipal management; $65 membership fee
- Consultant Members – Employees of firms working with local governments; $325 membership fee
- Student Members – Individuals studying for a career in public administration; $20 membership fee for students (free if you are an IAMMA Student Member)
- Retirees – Retired corporate members; $40 membership fee
Get information on the membership types and fees for ILCMA’s affiliated groups.
Download and read or print our current ILCMA brochure.
Code of Ethics
ILCMA has adopted the ICMA code of ethics