Below is the link to the application form for the James M. Banovetz Illinois Local Government Fellowship. This fellowship has been created in honor of a leader in the education of students in public administration who desire a career in local government management. A $2,000 fellowship will be awarded to the winner to be used to finance studies leading to an MPA or equivalent degree.
The selection committee will be comprised of individuals who are themselves working as local government managers. They will be looking for an individual who is committed to serving the public through a career in either municipal or county management.
A complete fellowship application will include:
- The completed application form
- A letter of recommendation from your graduate dean or program director (a pdf attachment via email is acceptable)
- A letter of recommendation from your supervisor (a pdf attachment via email is acceptable)
- Transcripts of grades from your undergraduate and graduate institutions (photocopies of
official transcripts are acceptable)
All applications must be mailed to Dawn Peters at ILCMA, Center for Governmental Studies, NIU, DeKalb, IL 60115 by May 6. The winner of the scholarship will be notified by May 25 and receive recognition at the Annual Conference of the Illinois City/County Management Association in June where you will be a guest of ILCMA. This includes two nights lodging and conference registration.
For more information, call Dawn Peters at ILCMA at 815-753-0923 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be eligible for this fellowship, you must:
- Be a graduate student at an institution of higher learning in Illinois
- Be accepted into a degree program that is designed to prepare you to enter the field of city / county management
- Have completed at least nine hours of coursework, not including internship or capstone hours, necessary to complete your degree
- Be in good academic standing