- This event has passed.
Administrative Adjudication Webinar
September 17, 2020 @ 11:30 am - 12:30 pm$20.00
How Administrative Adjudication Creates a More Effective and Efficient Municipal Enforcement System
Municipal enforcement is an ever evolving process, particularly in these challenging times. From enforcement practices and theories to policies and procedures that guide the hearing and payment processes, too often the approach across the varied community departments is disjointed as opposed to a well-thought out citywide approach.
Frequently criticisms arise such as:
- Are all individuals with a violation of your municipal ordinances treated the same?
- Why does a parking citation get processed differently than a building code violation?
- Can I easily analyze the breadth and depth of ordinance violations across an entire municipality, or just across a particular department?
- What inconsistencies exist in your municipal system that is creating operational inefficiencies?
This presentation will overview the statutory foundations of Administrative Adjudication, the differentiation between Home Rule and Non-Home Rule Adjudication and what ordinance and operational provisions are necessary for an effective system. You will leave this presentation with an understanding of how a properly established Administrative Adjudication system can benefit your community by creating a culture of compliance while effectively recovering the costs of enforcement.
- What is Administrative Adjudication?
- How Does Home Rule/Non-Home Rule Status Impact
- What Ordinance and Technical Provisions Are Required to Establish Administrative Adjudication?
- What Operational Needs Should be Considered for an
Effective Administrative Adjudication System?
Kathleen Field Orr, Kathleen Field Orr & Associates
Glenn Theriault, Vice President, DACRA
Addresses ICMA Practice Area: 10. Service Delivery
Having trouble opening PDFs? Download Adobe Reader here.