- This event has passed.
IGFOA Webinar: “Are We Healthy? Interpreting Financial Statements and Using Budgets”
January 23, 2019 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Understanding your government’s financial information can help you assess your financial condition, make better budgeting decisions, and improve the strategic management of municipal finances. In this session, we’ll help you understand what the numbers in your financial statements mean, and where you should look to gain an understanding of your government’s financial health. Topics include:
• How to read governmental financial statements
o Governmental statements
o Enterprise statements
o GW statements
o Cash flow statements – what good are they?
o Fund balance – what it measures, target policies, etc.
• How do I know if my government’s financial position is deteriorating or improving?
• Using budgets effectively
• Financial forecasting/multi-year budgets
Instructors: Joe Kowalski, Partner, Plante Moran; Shawana Jackson, Associate, Plante Moran
Technical Reviewer: Michelle Watterworth, Partner, Plante Moran
Learning Objectives: At the conclusion of this webinar, participants will be able to:
• Summarize the different types of government financial statements
• Explain what a fund balance is
• Identify how to determine a government’s financial position
• Explain how to use budgets effectively
Intended Audience: All government management & finance professionals
Delivery method: Internet Based
Program Level: Basic
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
Field of Study: Finance – Technical
CPE Credits: Earn about 1.0 CPE credits
CPE hours: 1.00
- MEMBERS: $30.00 Before Jan 22, 2019
- GOVERNMENT STAFF MEMBERS: $35.00 Before Jan 22, 2019
- NON-MEMBERS: $45.00 Before Jan 22, 2019