About the Idea Exchange
The ILCMA Communications Committee sponsors a quarterly Idea Exchange. All Idea Exchanges are virtual, are designed for participants to learn from their peers and use breakout rooms to facilitate organic discussions.
What is AI/ChatGPT and Why Is Everyone Talking About It?
If you believe media reports, artificial intelligence (AI) is spreading like wildfire. Everywhere you look there is a headline expressing the virtues of ChatGPT or warning about the risks of overreliance on computer-aided decision making, In this Idea Exchange participants will learn the basics about large language models, start to understand the risks from using AI and hear about potential applications in local government.
- Youssef Shoukry, Director of Data for Transcend – What is ChatGPT? Basics about large language models.
- Grant Ferguson – Electronic Privacy Information Center – What are the Risks Related to Using AI for Service Delivery and Decision Making
- Maurice Classen – ZenCity – Examples of AI Applications for local governments
- Village of Lincolnshire – Case Study – Using AI to automate transcription of meeting minutes
- Moderated Q&A from the Participants
August 29, 2023
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm