- Metro Managers Pension Update Luncheon
October 15, 2020
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
- October 15, 2020 11:30 AM - 1:30 PM
Pension Consolidation Update
Governor JB Pritzker and the Illinois Legislature approved two pension consolidation measures for police and fire departments in 2019 that will consolidate the assets of the state’s more than 650 public safety pension funds, which is expected to improve investment returns, eliminate unnecessary/redundant administrative costs, ensure more money is available to fund pension benefits, and reduce the burden on local taxpayers.
During this engaging session, Brad Cole, of the Illinois Municipal League, will present an update on the efforts of the two pension consolidation Transition Boards (and what municipalities can expect moving forward).
Speaker: Brad Cole, Executive Director, Illinois Municipal League
REQUIREMENTS FOR IN-PERSON EVENT:
- MASKS MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES WHEN NOT EATING OR DRINKING
- SOCIAL DISTANCING WILL BE REQUIRED
- NO NAME TAGS WILL BE PROVIDED – BRING YOUR OWN NAME BADGE, PENS, PAPER, ETC.
- NO WALK-INS
- CASH WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AT THE DOOR
Cancellations must be made by October 9, 2020. Any cancellations after that date will require full payment.