- Webinar Registration
July 9, 2020
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
- Instructions to access the webinar will be emailed to you 24 hours prior to the webinar.
ILCMA & WCMA Summer Conference Webinar Series: Development and Implementation of a Course of Action in Uncertain Times
The impact of COVID-19 to local governments has been monumental. Substantial revenue losses are already being realized, with uncertainty on how much longer – and at what level – they will continue to persist. Local governments must undergo an excruciating exercise to determine what cost reduction options must be considered, and on what timeframe they need to be employed to ensure financial sustainability – balanced against the tradeoff of what they continue to deliver in public services to their community. This seminar will provide a methodology and approach for developing these initiatives, with a practical example for evaluating and engaging stakeholders to build consensus on the course of action.
- Understanding the high-level expectations for various primary local government revenue streams and their forward-looking trajectory based on current economic conditions
- Familiarity with the essential toolkit of common expenditure reduction initiatives to consider, and how to conceptualize the magnitude of their impact and importance
- A live visual for combining various independent initiatives into a full strategic plan, with a playbook on how to engage stakeholders to build consensus and put that plan into action
Addresses ICMA Practice Areas:
- Strategic Leadership, 7. Strategic Planning, 10. Service Delivery, 12. Financial Management and Budgeting
Daniel Berger, Director of Product Management for Synario, PFM’s proprietary financial modeling platform
Ryan McNeely, Senior Managing Consultant, PFM Management and Budget Consulting