To say the least, this has been a very interesting year in economics and politics. From the Democratic primary to the corona virus, it is hard to come to grips with how this could impact your municipality. In this session we explore the current state of the U.S. economy as a result of COVID-19, the importance the role of the economy plays in the election outcome, Joe Biden’s and Donald Trump’s economic policies/proposals and how the outcome of the Presidential election could influence the economy and the municipal and stock markets. Join us for a webinar round-table and Q&A on the current state of the economy, COVID-19 and the Presidential race.
- How COVID-19 and the Presidential Election impact the economic environment (e.g. recession) and your local municipality (e.g. revenues, businesses, ratings).
- The importance the current economic state could have on the election outcome.
- How this could affect the municipal and stock markets and the key drivers of volatility.
- How each candidate’s campaign promises could impact your municipality.
Rachel Cortez, Associate Managing Director, Moody’s Investors Service
Craig Elder, Senior Fixed Income Analyst, Baird
Dr. Christopher Goodman, Assistant Professor, Northern Illinois University
Stephan Roberts, Director, Baird
Delena Welkomer, Senior Vice President, Baird
Justin Fischer, Director, Baird
Addresses ICMA Practice Areas:
- Policy Facilitation and Implementation
- Financial Management and Budgeting